- Mayors Court & Traffic Tickets
- What You Should Know
What You Should Know
Richfield Mayor's Court normally meets every other Wednesday afternoon at 3:30 p.m. If you were issued a citation, the court date and time appears in the lower right corner of the citation. Please call the Clerk of Courts office at 330-659-9201, ext. 221 to see if a court appearance is required.
Violations Requiring Appearance
- Any criminal misdemeanor offense
- Drag Racing
- Driving under Suspension
- Driving without a license to driver (expired more than six months)
- Failure to Stop for a School Bus
- Fleeing a Police Officer
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated
- Some traffic violations requiring a court appearance are:
- Third moving traffic offense within a twelve month period
- Traveling at a speed 36 MPH or more over the posted speed limit
The amount you owe is due one week from the date the citation was received or your court date, whichever allows you more time. If paying by mail, please sign the back of the citation and enclose it with your payment. Checks or money orders are made payable to Richfield Mayor's Court.
Proof of Insurance
You are required by law to provide proof of insurance. If you did not provide this information to the officer, you are required to provide it at your court appearance or to the Clerk of Courts office when paying your ticket in person or enclosing a copy of your insurance when paying by mail. Failure to provide proof that you are insured will result in your operator's license being suspended for a minimum 90 days through the Bureau of Motor Vehicle.
If you are not required to appear in court or have any questions regarding your citation, you should contact the Clerk of Court's office the following business day to obtain the amount you owe. This information is not provided by the Police Officer.