- Fire Department
- CPR Training
Richfield Fire Department First Aid, CPR and AED Training
The Richfield Fire Department offer the following classes:
- Heartsaver CPR/AED (HS): Designed for the general public who wish to learn CPR and automatic external defibrillation (AED.) Estimated classroom time: 3-4 hours.
- Healthcare provider CPR/AED (HCP): Designed for healthcare professionals who need CPR and other lifesaving skills in a wide variety of settings inside and outside of a hospital. Estimated classroom time: 4.5 hours for initial course, 4 hours for renewal.
- Heartsaver First Aid (FA): Designed for anyone with limited or no previous medical training in rescue first aid. Classes are scheduled as needed. Estimated classroom time: 3 hours.
Class Location and Times
Classes are held on Saturdays at Richfield Fire Station as identified below and begin at 9:00am. Classes may be cancelled if less than 4 participants are registered.
2020 Class Schedule (CPR Classes are on indefinite postponement due to COVID-19 Restriction, please check back later)
Registration can be done over the phone or in person at the Richfield Fire Department. Registration must occur a minimum of two weeks before the class is scheduled. Participant name, phone number, and email address are necessary at the time of registration.
A minimum of 4 students must be registered for a class. AHA workbooks are issued at the time of registration.
Effective November 2018, all classes are sponsored by University Hospitals and will be free of charge to residents of Richfield Village and Richfield Township.
If a participant cannot attend a class that they have signed up for, there are two options:
- Attend the next appropriate scheduled class, or
- Wait and attend a future class.
If a minimum of four participants do not sign up and your class is cancelled, you will be notified.
All classes are taught in accordance with the American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines. Successful completion of a course will result in an AHA certification card being issued, which remains in effect for two years.
Need More Information
Secondary method of contact is via phone: 330-659-9201, ext. 360
Please make sure to provide your Name and a Phone Number where you may be reached. Firemedic Janis will return your call within a few days.
For business or community group needs, please provide your Name, Phone Number, and Name of Business/Community Group and special arrangements can be made upon request.
Thank you for visiting our site and wanting to learn more about CPR and first aid!