The Tree and Landscape Commission for the Village of Richfield is composed of five members. One member is chosen from within Council and one chosen from the Parks and Recreation Board, each serving a one-year term. Three members consist of Village residents chosen by the Mayor, each serving staggered three-year terms.
Powers and Duties
Codified Ordinances Chapter 155 Powers and Duties:
- To recommend to Council and the Planning and Zoning Commission a streetscape tree and shrub planting and maintenance plan for the public ways of the Village, including landscape plans for the public areas of the Village;
- To recommend to Council applications for grants and financial assistance from outside sources;
- To enlist the volunteer help of community organizations and individuals within the Village;
- To enlist a qualified Service Department personnel to attend meetings and maintain a computerized inventory and maintenance program on the trees and shrubs to aid the Service Director in the ongoing plantings, maintenance, removal of public plants;
- To advise and offer professional guidance to the Service Director;
- To advise the Park and Recreation Board in species selection of trees, shrubs and flora within the public parks of the Village.
Village residents interested in serving on the Tree Commission can contact the Mayor at 330-659-9201, ext. 222.
For More Information
The Tree Commission can be contacted by calling Scott Waldemarson, Service Director, at 330-659-9201, ext. 5.