Help for the Environment
Conservation information from the Natural Resources Conservation Service of Ohio.
The Service Department produces mulch from the brush we pick up during the summer and humus from the leaves we pick up. The soil and mulch is free to residents and can be picked up behind the Service Department. Residents must load their own mulch. Available on a first-come first-serve basis.
Brush Chipping * Chipping begins in May and is done on a weekly rotation, weather permitting.
* We have divided the Village into quadrants and will pick up brush in each quadrant once per month, and only one day during the scheduled week.
* Brush should be placed at the curb on Sunday of your pickup week, once we have been to your area we will not come back around until the following month.
* Please see the map below. Brush chipping ends when leaf pickup begins.
Leaf Pickup* Leaf pickup begins in the fall when most of the leaves have fallen to the ground.
* We will pick up leaves until they are all gone or until the snow is too deep to retrieve them.
* Please have the leaves raked to the front ditch line of your property or within six feet of the road's edge.
* Once we have done an area, we will not come back until we have completed all other areas of the Village and start the next round.
Snow PlowingOur plowing crews are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We prioritize main roads (Broadview, Streetsboro, and Brecksville Roads) and try to have them clear by rush hour traffic in the morning and afternoon.
Christmas Tree Disposal
The Village of Richfield will pick up old Christmas trees beginning the week of January 1 and continue to the end of January. Another option is to recycle your tree by taking it to the Summit County Metro Parks.